Tuesday 28 February 2012

2012 Movies - Starwars Phantom Menace 3D


Two Jedi Knights uncover a wider conflict when they are sent as emissaries to the blockaded planet Naboo.


Yes, I went, I saw, I ate popcorn and drank a bucket of Diet Coke. I enjoyed it muchly. I have only seen this movie a handful of times since it first came out in 1999. I enjoyed it, but with me Star Wars is all about Harrison Ford and a cheap Wookie suit. Still, I do love these newer versions (even though I've only ever watching this one and half of the next one!). 

The thing I was most excited for was the pod race and the Darth Maul death match. It didn't disappoint, but the nice thing was, it didn't disappoint on any level, except I still don't understand what the film is really about... No, don't try to explain to me about the Federation, it's all politics!

Overall I thought bringing it to 3D was a nice touch and I really enjoyed watching it again. It really felt like the first time (Oh, shucks, I bet people say that to you all the time!). I sat on the front row though, and would advise to sit at least 3 rows back as the camera can get a little swishy, and you loose focus. The 3D brought it back to life for me, and took me back to a time where movies were just there for fun, not just there to try to nab an Oscar for best British Accent. It was enjoyable, funny, fun, scary and left me wanting to see the next one in 3D! Yes, I know... I sold out... but you would too if you heard this booming out at you from front row level...

Final verdict:

No comments:

Post a Comment