Tuesday 21 February 2012

2012 Movies - Man on a Ledge


As a police psychologist works to talk down an ex-con who is threatening to jump from a Manhattan hotel rooftop, the biggest diamond heist ever committed is in motion...



Ah, what to say? I actually LOVED this film. Ignore the slight plot holes and annoyances of the characters and their wandering accents (Oh Mr. Worthington, just use your national accent, forget American, it's not becoming or believable).

The story is gripping, or at least I thought, and I instantly liked the characters and was drawn into the whole 'did he do it' storyline. I sat on the front row (which I NEVER DO) and I can confirm my fingertips were sweating. I actually thought I was on the roof at one stage. It was a rollercoaster and it was so well paced, I never got bored, although I did wonder if people really do cheer people on to jump from a ledge, I mean... that's kind of like assisted suicide, no?

The faults were probably just the fact that the 'masterminds' of the film seemed to not mind leaving really obvious clues lying around, but other than that I enjoyed the whole upheaval of everyones day and I loved the triumphant ending. (Won't say for who, I don't want to spoil it).

It was kind of like one of those old 1990's films you watch on a Sunday night on TV - really entertaining and you didn't feel like you had to totally pay attention. It was fun and furious and fast paced and Sam Worthington is kind of nice to look at. What? Who said that? It wasn't me....

Final verdict:

No comments:

Post a Comment