Wednesday 13 October 2010

Back to the Future


I saw this bad boy at the cinema - for which it was re-released for its 25th anniversary, all shiny and new (kind of).


It was great, I wore my Hill Valley hoodie, and snuggled up with my boyfriend on the back row, with a slushy and a child like excitement! I've always been a big believer that all films are better at the cinema - even the oldies, and this was no exception, it really was cool. No other word for it.


I like when you go to see a well known film at the cinema again, because the people who are there to see it are already big fans, so its like a mini convention - with everyone laughing at their favorite parts, and sharing in the experience like a group of friend, rather than strangers stuffed into a strange sloping room!


The sound was amazing - I had to cover my ears when Marty plugs his guitar into the giant amp in the Doc's house, as I knew the sound would hurt my ears, and it did! But it only made the film better. The visuals were great, the quality was top notch and it was just as entertaining as watching it the first time, no matter how many times you have seen it before.


I guess the only downside for this one is you can really see the makeup effects clearly - the fake 'old' skin that is used to make them look, well, older. But for me that was all the more fun, I know some people prefer their films to be glossy, with no faults. To me, that's part of the charm.

I also found that (even though it was a late showing), I had trouble keeping my eyes open, because no matter when and where I watch it I find myself falling asleep with the familiarity of it. But again, part of the charm. There is no worry about missing anything because I have seen it a trillion times before. If you like comfort and nostalgia, then see this at the cinema before it goes!


Here's to hoping they treat the rest of the trilogy with such respect!

1 comment:

  1. I love these movies. It's been ages since I've watched them though.

    ReplyDelete